This week, we see how birds are adapting to climate change—or not; why vehicles and birds collide so often (and so tragically); and how you can get involved in a little bit of citizen science, right from your laptop!
- Farmers in Israel are turning to birds of prey instead of pesticides to protect their crops.
- A new study finds that birds don't know when to get out of the way to avoid oncoming vehicles. It's a reminder of the importance of taking measures to prevent bird collisions at airports and elsewhere.
- Rainfall affects when birds nest and breed—even if they're in the desert, a new study shows.
- For Great Tits, females are much better at pilfering food than their male counterparts.
- Do you want to get involved in a citizen science project right now? You can count penguins for Penguin Watch!
- Read about the ingenuity of Little Auks and how they're adapting to climate change.